Thursday, April 19, 2012

Priorities people. PRIORITIES!


Tabitha came by this morning after I dropped Shea off at school. We did the hummin' and hawin' on the stuff that we both had to do today.
Ultimately we ended up in our running gear and headed out to the trails.

The trail is the one I went on last weekend with the brats and the one I am going to be running next month in my first 10k.
As we weaved our way around the trails trying to decide which ones we were going to take, I decided that today I was going to push it all the way to dizzy. The sun was blazing hot and the first part of this trail is relatively mellow...until it isn't anymore...until all you see is hill for as far as the eye can see.

"I'm taking it this time!" I dug in and made it about half way and said, "I am taking it half at a time!"

At the top of the hill I got a phone call and I had to take it. I realize I probably sounded deranged as I tried to give the interview guy the information he was needing. I was breathing heavy and was somewhat dizzy. He got what he needed and told me to have a really nice day. Oh hell, he had NO idea what a 'nice day' I was having!



We only had an hour of running so I made sure we stopped exactly 30 minutes in. At around 25 minutes we had this nice incline in front of us. I checked my watch again and debated if we should just turn around.
"I'M TAKING IT!" I yelled out to Tabitha who had already decided she was going to do it too.
and take it, I DID. I ran the whole hill to the top and when Tabitha turned around, it was clear she was surprised to see me so close behind her. With a quick check of the watch I saw we could pull out another 5 minutes if we didn't stop. So I didn't.

We turned around after soaking in the view and we were laughing at the turn that our day took.

Tabitha was describing her thought process before she headed over, "Okay, get up...go downtown. go get check. go to bank. get dress. get my busted nails done. get hair dye....and fuck it, LET'S RUN!"


....and run we did.

On the way back I wasn't going to stop until I couldn't breath, couldn't focus and was sure my name was Batman.
I got there with the help of the hot sun, but not before we had nearly made it back to the car.
"Whoa, hold up. Let me sit down."

Yep, this was the place Gordon told me get to. FOUND IT.


I'm ready to keep going and going and going. I am so grateful for how my progress is gaining speed.




3 miles of glorious fun!








and mud....lots and lots and lots of mud!

No comments:

Post a Comment