Monday, April 9, 2012

92 miles and I found my stride!

Tonight Tabitha and I danced around going running because the girls stayed with Dan and I we didn't have anyone to watch Jeremiah. I told her, 'Let's do this, We run to the gate, you take the water and run the extra two. I'll run back with Buddy."
So that is what we did. I followed the rule of walking 5 minutes before I started running and we took off. I made it further than I normally do and then kept pushing all the way to the gate. I found my stride.

I got to the gate about a minute behind her even though it seemed like she was so far ahead of us. My ankles and calf started cramping so I got my key out of the water bottle pocket and handed her the water, telling her we would have to get use to carrying them instead of our packs. She agreed and off she went. Wasting no time, I started jogging too.

Jeremiah and I started back and I was bound and determined to make it across the field without stopping. I did. Then I swore I would make to the gate without stopping. I did. Then he started doing his, 'oh man...i don't wanna run' so I made up a game and after we made it back to the apartment he was still going strong. We pushed a little further and did a ten minute cool down.

When I got back to the apartment and downloaded all the information, I pulled up the comparison chart to see how much better I did this time, because I KNOW I DID. I didn't, BUT, I did increase my cadence and improved my time just a slight hair. It may not reflect it on the spreadsheet, but I can feel how much better I did.

I want to get to my 100 marker by the end of this week so I can go into this weekend rolling towards 200 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment