Saturday, April 7, 2012

Courting Pain

My friend Tabitha had the day off for Good Friday and I woke up crabby and would have gone back to sleep if I hadn't already drank two cups of coffee. Friday needed a reset.
She convinced me that we should go out and run. After we had talked the other day about training and 'the good ol' times' and she said, 'The best runs we've had is when we are lost in the canyons and don't have time, distance, pace in our face and we just run to be child-like'. She was right, so when we went out yesterday I had my watch, but I made sure that we took trails I don't remember taking, until I remember I have taken them before.
We got good and lost. It took me about 4 miles in before I finally found my stride. I kept repeating the words that Gordon had said to me on our run together. "Love this pain, Kristine. Learn to love it because it will always be there."
So I chanted, "I love this pain, I love this...no i don't, I just like you but we are courting and I will learn to love you."

The recovery time from this run has taken me forever. It's now Sunday and I am still pretty sore. Oh the fun of barefoot running!


No comments:

Post a Comment