Thursday, December 27, 2012

Wow, it's been a good long time since I have updated this blog. You would think that I haven't been barefoot running. UNTRUE.

It's getting wet outside and so I have been training a lot more in my Vibrams.

During the week, my friend and I do a lot of street running and I just can't street run barefoot as well. I decided to stick to the trails in my Vibrams.  It's not always easy bouncing from one style of shoe to another, but I do so much better in my Vibrams when it comes to running the hills.

This last month I have been running a trail I will be running on Jan. 1st.  Each time I wear my Vibrams because that is what I am running the race in.
I do great running up the hills on the trail, but the first mile and half is downhill on pavement and to be honest, I am a little worried.  I think I am going to try to find a way to stay off the road and in the dirt, but last year that part of the trail was pretty packed too.

Today I took them out knowing that the trail would be squishy from all the rain.  I was sliding all over the place, but the more I do this trail the less scary it is to me.
It only takes one blown calf to freak you out for a whole year.

My recovery time in my Vibrams have gotten so much better.  It only takes about a half of a day before I am good to go. No more, 'ouch. ouch. ouch' every time I take a step.

No comments:

Post a Comment