Sunday, April 1, 2012

78 Miles





My boyfriend and I took our bikes out in the pour rain on Saturday and I decided to give the shoes a go. They held up fine. I was happy that I could ride through these puddles that would classify as a pond and not have to worry about wet feet for too long.

Sunday morning we headed out to get him some time on his new Vibrams.  We made our way across no hands and up railbed and back around.

I lagged on the way there but after the hill of hell I found a nice pace and a couple new tricks.  The mud was bad, but not as bad as last year!!

At one point I decided to jump over this one muddy patch, slipped and extended my knee straight out. I instantly sat down, bitched at myself and then got up and started running again.

The only thing I hate about running in races is that I am so scared of hurting myself before it's time to run. I would have recovered in time, but I hate having fear like that.

Today's 6 miles is dedicated to fellow runner, Micha True.  In skydiving we say "blue skies", I guess for running the way Caballo did, "long trails, my friend".

No comments:

Post a Comment