Wednesday, February 1, 2012

We must take this message from Miss Newmar with us across the land as our sovereign token.




It's been a month in my Vibram Trek 5 finger toe shoes and like everything else in the last year I have learned it has been through trial and error.

My boyfriend has taken up hiking and is slowly working in trail running in with me. This is working out great because I have been wearing my Treks out knowing I can't over do it. Not that I haven't done that every time I leave the house.
So many times I want to say, "Hey babe, you might not want to wear that..." but I know that he needs to learn this along the way just like I did. There were a few things that I picked up along the way that I had to share with him.
When getting a Camelbak- get one that has padding and airflow on the back.
When getting good trail running shoes get them from a place you can return them no matter what you have done to them.
Do NOT eat Salami before or during a run.
When wearing Vibrams ---- TAKE IT SLOW! That means if you can run 5 miles non stop, WALK a half mile for the first few weeks. I am not fucking with you on this, SLOW...very slow.
I'm like a crash test dummy, you could learn a lot from me.

So what have I picked up along the first month of this journey?
Leg warmers. Yes, leg warmers. It took all that is in me to not get the big ass Flashdance ones too.
Toe socks for running. Injinji socks from REI. The ones in the pictures are your standard toe socks, not to be running in...but I probably will because HOW CUTE ARE THEY!??

That is it so far. Who knows what the end of February will bring.



No comments:

Post a Comment