Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Urban Hike...now at roughly 50 miles.


In an effort to not be murdered while I sleep by my 5 year old nephew while he's on his school break, I decided we would go for a quick run up to the cupcake place. It's about a mile from the apartment.

Strapping on the Vibrams for their first real pavement run I got a little nervous. In the small amount of time running i've done on the street in them, my feet start screaming at me. "WE ARE NOT READY FOR THIS!"

I put on my Garmin 405 with my heart rate monitor. This would be the first time I have worn the monitor and I knew what my max heart rate should be. I was ready to see how close I could get to it.

By a mile my big toe was cramping. Okaayyyy, this is a new little thing I haven't had before. Don't remember seeing that on the forums and websites. We stopped into the cupcake place and I stretched out my big toe. Yes, big toe stretches.

We made our way back and in a hurry because I wouldn't let him eat his cupcake until we got home. He tried to run and keep up but he mostly just said, "I really don't like running." we walked a lot and my feet thanked me when we got back.

I need to work on street running in my Vibrams.











No comments:

Post a Comment