Thursday, May 3, 2012

"it's the one that says, badassmotherfucker on it"

It was a much needed training run.
Tabitha and I were most excited about the fact that we could just get out there and go without any time constraints.
We hit the trail and it was just screaming to be ran.
The hill that I wanted to take, I got about half way up.  AGAIN.  I said to myself, "you have other hills to conquer, you will find yours."

We named that hill the manipulative little bitch hill.  It looks all sweet and just adorable and then by the time you crest the hill you're thinking, "what the fuck just happened to me!?"

I like the one coming out of Knickerbocker.  That climb is a beast! You look up at it and you're like, "OH SHIT, that's going to hurt!" and you start running and you can feel gravity just pulling you back so you get a lean in and start digging. By the time you find the right pace and how to hold your body, you are half way up to the corner...and then it keeps going.    That is my sweet spot in running, when I can find that spot where I know there is nothing like this on any street outside of San Francisco.  You can't get a treadmill to this incline and let's not even start on the rocks.  Oh, did I mention I am doing this barefoot?

I love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment